Refurbishment creates super space for shopping.
Splau’s fashionable shops, 18-screen cinema complex and leisure facilities make it the place to be for young people and families in and around Barcelona.
Gleeds helped with a renovation that saw the unique, sustainably-designed shopping centre become one of Catalonia’s best, and the first in Spain to receive a coveted 4* rating for quality of customer experience.
With a focus on improving accessibility and adding new retail services, our team provided project and cost management expertise to bring renovation work in on time and on budget. New features included:
- New play, seating and event areas
- An interactive fountain with visual effects to welcome visitors
- Two new panoramic lifts
- An electronic guidance system in the underground car park
- Extension and refurbishment of the car park
Whilst the centre is open aired, it has been equipped with sun and rain protection elements to provide greater comfort to visitors throughout the year.
is attached to the Power8 Stadium, home of the RCD Espanyol, a first division football team.
To create a green centre focused on energy saving and sustainable design, Splau has been equipped with the following features:
- ‘Controlli System’ for automatic lighting to maximise natural light
- Photovoltaic solar panels that generate energy for more than 100 homes
- Thermal solar panels for supplying hot water to retail units
- Efficient flush valves in toilets
- Selective waste collection
- A collection system for toners, absorbents, metal packaging, paints and varnishes
- A collection point for batteries, light-bulbs, fluorescent bulbs, small domestic appliances, used cameras and mobiles
The Splau brand underwent a mini transformation at the same time, with a new modern and vibrant image displayed on large LED screens across the complex.