Actualmente mostrando resultados para Australia
Our service offering in Australia
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is about getting people and information working together effectively and efficiently. By using defined processes and technology, best value can be driven throughout the asset life cycle.
Embedding BIM processes right from project inception helps protect and prioritise your development objectives into asset operation and decommissioning phases.
BIM enables a better understanding of the construction environment, reducing the risk of design clash and securing asset functionality. Wasteful processes and activities are removed, saving money and reducing environmental impact.
Adopting a BIM approach brings predictability to a project, not just for capital delivery but operation too. Traditionally, the volume of design and construction information handed onto asset operators is minimal. BIM facilitates data transfer, making maintenance issues easier to resolve and saving money in the long term.
A collaborative culture
In our experience, a high proportion of people tend to focus on the technical IT application of BIM, which often leads to a lack of engagement and adoption. In fact, it’s all about information management – delivering it in the right format, to the right people, at the right time.
We have trained and accredited BIM Information Managers, so we are one of the few organisations who help clients adopt a BIM strategy for their projects.
Data collated through BIM can be extracted and manipulated to create detailed cost and programme models to keep your current project on track and to guide future developments.
BIM technology comes in various forms. Collectively it offers a number of benefits by:
- Enabling managed access to information
- Giving us the platform to create virtual models - representations of what is to be/has been constructed
- Allowing us to manoeuvre around models so we can see understand the environment better
- Allowing us to test the models and manage risk around proposals
- Giving us the means to analyse, extract and interrogate information
BIM is a powerful tool, and we offer the detailed understanding and skilful management needed to achieve proper implementation and effectiveness. Our BIM support is underpinned by the wealth of construction data we hold, covering all key industry sectors, build types, sustainability ratings and procurement/contract arrangements.
In the United Kingdom, Gleeds is working in conjunction with the Construction Industry Council and the government’s BIM Task Group to raise BIM awareness and potential.
We offer thought leadership, training and are working with multiple clients to implement BIM in their organisations.
Our services include:
- Establishing information requirements, prioritising asset performance needs
- Implementing and managing BIM processes, ensuring compliance with project management procedures and processes
- Extracting, analysing and manipulating data held in virtual models for use in cost and programme models
- Delivering training and advisory services to support the BIM Information Manager role, in part or entirely